Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > CraftArtist

Notices

CraftArtist Questions about using CraftArtist for digital crafting

Old 23rd September 2012, 02:35 PM   #1
meashambelle

meashambelle is on a distinguished road
Default CA2 closes down - meashambelle

hi can any body help me please ? I have Craft Artist 2
but when I try to work on it a problem appears and it says it has to close down, this has happenend now three times today. I am trying to get my head around the software and loved Craft Artist 1 but am finding this a bit annoying .. I am running XP

Last edited by mjh; 23rd September 2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: moved from Digital Scrapbook Artist, clarified title
Old 24th September 2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Acrylic

Acrylic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CA2 closes down - meashambelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by meashambelle View Post
hi can any body help me please ? I have Craft Artist 2
but when I try to work on it a problem appears and it says it has to close down, this has happenend now three times today. I am trying to get my head around the software and loved Craft Artist 1 but am finding this a bit annoying .. I am running XP
Hi. If you go over to the Daisy Trail Craft Artist forum you will find advice/answers there to help you.
Old 24th September 2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

If you've never been able to successfully run CraftArtist 2 since installing it, it is possible that you have installed it into the exact same folder where you installed CraftArtist 1. If that's the case, this would explain the crash you are experiencing.

If you think it is possible that you chose to install CA2 to the same folder as CA1, to rectify this situation you need to uninstall both CraftArtist 1 and CraftArtist 2. You then need to reinstall both programs and choose a different destination folder for each one during the install.

If you're unsure that you can do this successfully or if reinstalling both programs to different folders doesn't fix your problem, I would suggest that you contact Technical Support for more help:
http://www.serif.com/Support/Account...tomerServices/
Old 27th September 2012, 12:23 PM   #4
Ludobox

Ludobox is on a distinguished road

I too have the same issue with CA2. It crashes non stop. It happens during so many situations that it would be impossible to record the reasons. Both applications (1 and 2) are installed in two different folders within the Serif folder in Program Files. I haven't been able to use CA2 for a complete project and keep using CA1 hoping that the next update will fix the crashing issue.
Old 27th September 2012, 12:57 PM   #5
Acrylic

Acrylic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludobox View Post
I too have the same issue with CA2. It crashes non stop. It happens during so many situations that it would be impossible to record the reasons. Both applications (1 and 2) are installed in two different folders within the Serif folder in Program Files. I haven't been able to use CA2 for a complete project and keep using CA1 hoping that the next update will fix the crashing issue.
I too have the same problems with CA2 continually crashing, unable to work with it for more than 10 mins before it stops working, it has gotten to the stage I have reverted back to CA1 until such time Serif resolve a lot of the issues.

I also have CA2 installed in a separate folder from CA1, and likewise have been unable to create a complete project using CA2, I'm sure (well hopefully) that once the updates are sorted CA2 will be brilliant to work with.
Old 27th September 2012, 02:50 PM   #6
Sarah W
Expert

Sarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to beholdSarah W is a splendid one to behold

I'm very sorry to hear that you are both experiencing so many problems when you try to use the software. We have direct access to error reports sent via the Microsoft system and we will be addressing the most commonly experienced reports with a view to fix them in an update.

If you are able to identify any specific steps that usually cause a crash for you, please contact Technical Support and let them know the details (see my signature below)
Old 4th October 2012, 07:12 PM   #7
meashambelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah W View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that you are both experiencing so many problems when you try to use the software. We have direct access to error reports sent via the Microsoft system and we will be addressing the most commonly experienced reports with a view to fix them in an update.

If you are able to identify any specific steps that usually cause a crash for you, please contact Technical Support and let them know the details (see my signature below)
Hello Sarah yes the problem is the same I have been in touch with Serif who says there is a problem I am now waiting a reply I have reverted back to CA1 ( not good )
Old 13th October 2012, 07:14 PM   #8
cduncton

cduncton is on a distinguished road

Hi - mine keeps crashing when trying to use the punches. Totally frustrated now. Most of you appear to have C.A 1 but I only have C.A 2 installed.
Old 13th October 2012, 08:36 PM   #9
KPLewis

KPLewis is a jewel in the roughKPLewis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cduncton View Post
Hi - mine keeps crashing when trying to use the punches. Totally frustrated now. Most of you appear to have C.A 1 but I only have C.A 2 installed.
It is a known problem so hopefully will be fixed soon. You might find this thread on Daisytrail (The Serif CraftArttist forum) helpful.
Old 14th October 2012, 06:01 PM   #10
meashambelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cduncton View Post
I talked to Serif about the problem they said yes they Know there is a problem and are working to seek a answer to the problem and will be posting it in daist trail so keep a watch , but it is worth a email to Serif if the forum cant resolve it for you, it lets you know there is aftercare if needed they were a great help to me thanks Serif