Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > CraftArtist

Notices

CraftArtist Questions about using CraftArtist for digital crafting

Old 20th June 2013, 09:54 AM   #1
cataracter

cataracter is on a distinguished road
Angry Craft Artist, into the wishing well?

I have Craft Artist and I told someone else how brilliant it was and that they could use it as a
resource for teaching schoolchildren how to compile
a family history scrapbook.
And so, they purchased some of the Daisy Trail packages
and downloaded the free version of Craft Artist.
But, but, but, each time they go into the work page they are asked to register and yet this has been done.
And so, when they click to remove the central register box the workpage goes with it.
It is reaching the point of frustration where they, and I, will be loathe to recommend it to anyone else.
I had similar problems when I initially tried to download the programme. What can be done to rectify this problem?
Old 20th June 2013, 05:06 PM   #2
ggrussell
Expert

ggrussell is a jewel in the roughggrussell is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Craft Artist, into the wishing well?

There are two different boxes to register. The DaisyTrail pops every time which I find very annoying. Although I've registered there, it does pop-up. And I registered just to get rid of that dialog box.

As for registering the application, you should be able to use it whether you register or not. I don't have the free version, but canceling the register dialog box has never kept me from using CA.

Perhaps someone with CA Starter Edition can answer that.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:20 PM   #3
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Craft Artist, into the wishing well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrussell View Post
There are two different boxes to register. The DaisyTrail pops every time which I find very annoying. Although I've registered there, it does pop-up. And I registered just to get rid of that dialog box.

As for registering the application, you should be able to use it whether you register or not. I don't have the free version, but canceling the register dialog box has never kept me from using CA.

Perhaps someone with CA Starter Edition can answer that.
When the DaisyTrail box pops up, I just press the Escape key.

As for registering the product, I don't think you should ever need to do that with CA, and there isn't even a 'Registration Wizard' entry on the Help menu. I'm pretty sure that the same applies to its predecessor, Digital Scrapbook Artist (DSA).

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)