Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > CraftArtist

Notices

CraftArtist Questions about using CraftArtist for digital crafting

Old 21st June 2013, 08:30 AM   #1
cataracter

cataracter is on a distinguished road
Default Box templates.

My twelve year old grandaughter, who enjoys making cup cakes, has come up with an idea that could earn her some pocket money.
She also designs particular girlie figures which seem to be influenced by photos she has seen of Japanese street teenager clothing.
It is a box that is also a greetings card. The first one is a birthday box but it could also be for valentine's day or any other celebration.
Forgot the birthday of someone in the office?
This could let you off the hook.
We have managed to make a prototype box but a selection of box templates would extend Craft Artist from the two
dimensional into the three dimensional.
We are having to glue this one but a glue free flatpack type template would make the box more acceptable.
Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020433.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	42305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hols email.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	42306   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020360.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	42307  
Old 21st June 2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Box templates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataracter View Post
My twelve year old grandaughter, who enjoys making cup cakes, has come up with an idea that could earn her some pocket money.
She also designs particular girlie figures which seem to be influenced by photos she has seen of Japanese street teenager clothing.
It is a box that is also a greetings card. The first one is a birthday box but it could also be for valentine's day or any other celebration.
Forgot the birthday of someone in the office?
This could let you off the hook.
We have managed to make a prototype box but a selection of box templates would extend Craft Artist from the two
dimensional into the three dimensional.
We are having to glue this one but a glue free flatpack type template would make the box more acceptable.
Any ideas?
Why not put it into the product suggestions area on the forums? http://forums.serif.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49
Old 22nd June 2013, 11:46 PM   #3
goldenbutton121284

goldenbutton121284 is on a distinguished road

Really cute idea! So nice to see young people still into crafting! This might be the start of your grandaughter's entrepreneur career path!

Paula
First Impressions Handmade Wedding Invitations and Stationery
Old 23rd June 2013, 08:54 AM   #4
cataracter

Thank you. She is already thinking about the idea being a moneymaker for an iPad.
My wife is now a Craft Artist, Daisy Trailer. She takes after school clubs showing
primary school children how to dicover their family history. The craft aspect really
brings out their imagination and when they decorate shoe boxes with copies of family
photographs they get really excited.
Old 23rd June 2013, 02:41 PM   #5
cataracter

I spent all day yesterday looking in every greetings card outlet that I could find. No one does a greetings card collapsible box that could be used for particular occasions and there are so many other uses it could be put to other than a cupcake box. It could also be sent in an envelope through the post and would be space saving by a retail stockist. It seems that flat folding card producers are not thinking outside the box (sorry).
If Craft Artist were the first ones to do it as a box template they could be on to a winner, especially in time for Valentine's Day.
The pity is that it will be taken up by someone, and the fact that both I and my young grandaughter are naive in the ways of business, she will never reap any benefit. Her one and only ambition at the moment appears to be an Apple laptop computer.
I suppose Serif, Craft Artist or Daisy Trail could put her name to it. At 12 years of age that could be a confidence booster.