Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 20th July 2012, 10:38 PM   #101
TAE

TAE is well on the road to greatness
Default Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira13 View Post
I like the feature in Small Publications that notices when more of your item will fit on a page in a different page orientation. I wish for something similar for Large Publications: instead of more instances of one item fitting on a page, I'd like PagePlus to calculate that fewer pieces of paper could be used to print a particular size item.

I was starting to lay out a poster today and discovered that regardless of whether I want my finished poster to be portrait or landscape, all the layouts have the individual pieces of paper in portrait layout, which means that for each size, one orientation uses more pieces of paper than the other. It shouldn't be that way.

Kira
Kira, this is the WebPlus X7 wishlist, not the PagePlus one

Please repost in PagePlus - I'll find a link now
Old 20th July 2012, 10:38 PM   #102
TAE

Quote:
I like the feature in Small Publications that notices when more of your item will fit on a page in a different page orientation. I wish for something similar for Large Publications: instead of more instances of one item fitting on a page, I'd like PagePlus to calculate that fewer pieces of paper could be used to print a particular size item.

I was starting to lay out a poster today and discovered that regardless of whether I want my finished poster to be portrait or landscape, all the layouts have the individual pieces of paper in portrait layout, which means that for each size, one orientation uses more pieces of paper than the other. It shouldn't be that way.

Kira
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post
Kira, this is the WebPlus X7 wishlist, not the PagePlus one

Please repost in PagePlus - I'll find a link now
Here: http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=103530&page=4
Old 20th July 2012, 10:54 PM   #103
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post
Please repost in PagePlus
No need. I've copied Kira's post to the PagePlus X7 wishlist thread.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 20th July 2012, 11:31 PM   #104
TAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post

Alfred
The wonders of being all-powerful
Old 21st July 2012, 09:31 AM   #105
kot

kot is on a distinguished road

It could be good if WebPlus X7 will have more options for e-commerce. For example, it could be added Web Money, Yandex Money, Robokassa forms to have possibility to build site with different payment options. East Europe countries does not use Pay Pal, so another payment options will be great for new X7
Old 21st July 2012, 09:34 AM   #106
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot View Post
It could be good if WebPlus X7 will have more options for e-commerce. For example, it could be added Web Money, Yandex Money, Robokassa forms to have possibility to build site with different payment options. East Europe countries does not use Pay Pal, so another payment options will be great for new X7
Payment gateways are part of the shopping cart provider. Have you checked Mal's Cart and Roman Cart to see if they offer the payment gateway that would work for you? You can sign up for free accounts in WebPlus.
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:08 AM   #107
David@WEBinate

David@WEBinate is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: WebPlus X7 - Wishlist #1

Serif Web Resources:
The long-standing feature of being able to use Serif WebPlus Smart Objects running off the Serif Web Resources server has been great. What would be even better, is if we had the option to run these Objects on servers other than Serif's. For example, there are situations where clients don't wish to be reliant on an external, third-party overseas server for features on their website. They prefer to have features running on the same local server where their website is hosted. This makes life very easy if they choose to change hosts, and need to migrate their entire website, or if they change web designers (never happens - right?). Coffee Cup for example has addressed this need by offering the option to run their "Forms" on a local server (called "S-Drive"). I suspect over time the majority of WP users would choose local servers which would free up Serif Web Resources for others, and maybe even reduce overhead costs for Serif. Would really like to see this feature in WPX7. Thank you.

Last edited by David@WEBinate; 22nd July 2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:57 AM   #108
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@WEBinate View Post
Serif Web Resources:
The long-standing feature of being able to use Serif WebPlus Smart Objects running off the Serif Web Resources server has been great. What would be even better, is if we had the option to run these Objects on servers other than Serif's. For example, there are situations where clients don't wish to be reliant on an external, third-party overseas server for features on their website. They prefer to have features running on the same local server where their website is hosted. This makes life very easy if they choose to change hosts, and need to migrate their entire website, or if they change web designers (never happens - right?). Coffee Cup for example has addressed this need by offering the option to run their "Forms" on a local server (called "S-Drive"). I suspect over time the majority of WP users would choose local servers which would free up Serif Web Resources for others, and maybe even reduce overhead costs for Serif. Would really like to see this feature in WPX7. Thank you.

Please add this to the Serif Web Resources wishlist here.
http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=70823
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:29 AM   #109
PeterEPC

PeterEPC is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I am requesting consideration of the follwing issue;
I am populating a repeating area from an MS Access database query.
There are 133 records, with two hyperlinks in each record to files.
When my web project is merged to the new site, the hyperlinks loose functionality, as the hyperlinks are only dispayed as text.
This means that when the database is updated, 266 hyperlinks have to be redone in the merged site. Technical Support have confirmed this through a Support request and suggested I submit it to this forum, as did mjh.
This also applies when using a Serif database (.SDB) and MS Excel as the database source.
As well as the text and picture fields, could a hyperlinks field be included please?
Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 08:21 AM   #110
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEPC View Post
Hello,
When my web project is merged to the new site, the hyperlinks loose functionality, as the hyperlinks are only dispayed as text.
This means that when the database is updated, 266 hyperlinks have to be redone in the merged site. Technical Support have confirmed this through a Support request and suggested I submit it to this forum, as did mjh.
This also applies when using a Serif database (.SDB) and MS Excel as the database source.
As well as the text and picture fields, could a hyperlinks field be included please?
Thanks
When I get home later today I will post to explain how to do it, as I have DB merges with live hyperlinks. It's a two-stage set-up - more later!
WPX2-6 SITES: The Falcon Inn (X6) | Martin Sexton - Artist (X2) | Clover Greetings
(X6)
Old 23rd July 2012, 03:42 PM   #111
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEPC View Post
Hello,
Thanks
Already possible. Go here for a tutorial: http://forums.serif.com/showthread.p...381#post841381
WPX2-6 SITES: The Falcon Inn (X6) | Martin Sexton - Artist (X2) | Clover Greetings
(X6)
Old 1st August 2012, 08:20 PM   #112
kira13

kira13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post

Alfred
Thank you. I don't know what I was thinking; I never noticed I was in the wrong thread.

Kira
Old 1st August 2012, 08:33 PM   #113
TAE

Quote:
Thank you. I don't know what I was thinking; I never noticed I was in the wrong thread.

Kira
It's easily done

I've on occassion posted only to realise it is in completely the wrong thread
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:10 AM   #114
alucasncfc

alucasncfc is on a distinguished road

If you enter a contact form on your website, you should be able to specify which email the form contents gets sent to based on a selection from the user.

For example, a contact form with a drop down box for 'Department'. Then if the user selects sales, the form content gets sent to the sales department, or if the user selects 'Returns' the contents gets sent to the returns department.

BRITANNIA FIRST AID TRAINING | e: ajl@britanniafirstaid.co.uk | w: www.britanniafirstaid.co.uk | in: ajlucas91
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:14 AM   #115
TAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucasncfc View Post
If you enter a contact form on your website, you should be able to specify which email the form contents gets sent to based on a selection from the user.

For example, a contact form with a drop down box for 'Department'. Then if the user selects sales, the form content gets sent to the sales department, or if the user selects 'Returns' the contents gets sent to the returns department.
Yes, basically if they could integrate something like forms to go into the actual programme itself...
Old 5th August 2012, 12:35 PM   #116
BF1

BF1 is on a distinguished road

I'm sure someone has mentioned this but if they haven't I would like a feature to implement the cookie law compliance within a web site.

Something along the lines of the Quick Build items where you can just drag and drop.

Having started to read the multi-page thread on The New EU Cookie Law I am yet to understand how to start to implement this into my very basic site!!
Old 5th August 2012, 12:36 PM   #117
BF1

BF1 is on a distinguished road

Incidentally, how often is a new release issued?
Old 5th August 2012, 01:37 PM   #118
TAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF1 View Post
Incidentally, how often is a new release issued?
About once a year/18 months I think
Old 6th August 2012, 09:05 PM   #119
rdwhitehill

rdwhitehill is on a distinguished road

1. HTML5 media support all the way!
2. Bring back the Creative Text Frame Tool! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
These two are HUGE for me! Thanks!
Doug Whitehill
Old 6th August 2012, 09:11 PM   #120
rdwhitehill

rdwhitehill is on a distinguished road

Greetings,

1. HTML5 media support all the way! I currently use Camtasia Studio v8 (newest version) in order to generate HTML5 files to support my videos... would be wonderful if WP X7 (?) would support this natively with "plain-Jane" video files!

2. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! Bring back the Creative Text Frame Tool! I don't care if new users mis-used it or not... it has so many nifty features and advantages...! And, why would Serif REMOVE a useful tool from a great product? I just don't get that...!

Thanks! Doug Whitehill