Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > General

Notices

General Discussions that don't relate to a specific Serif product

Old 9th May 2012, 12:29 AM   #81
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Google is Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Although I am well aware of our linguistic differences, it would never have occurred to me to describe you as "Charleez Mom".

Alfred
Me neither, Alfred.
Old 9th May 2012, 12:31 AM   #82
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Me neither, Alfred.
'Tis indeed a great mystery!

~AWP
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 9th May 2012, 12:36 AM   #83
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:

~AWP
OK, yes I've seen the Rougue's Gallery with the Lego people, including recently when you posted a link to demonstrate scrolling frames, as I recall.

But, here is the full cast of Lego Rogues in the header of this trip down memory lane

http://www.roguesplus.net/component/...page/Itemid,1/
Old 9th May 2012, 01:29 PM   #84
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Quote:
Me neither, Alfred.

~AWP
Mystery solved, methinks. I found this (very old!) post of yours:

http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=14333&postid=46905

It's clear from your post that you created the actual image, but it's equally clear from Becky's reply that she was responsible for the wording. As I indicated earlier in this thread, I suspect that you simply pressed the 'Randomize' button on the Mini-Mizer site (which would explain the presence of wings that you wouldn't have chosen to put there if doing it manually).

During my search, I also stumbled across this thread:

http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=19018

How's that for a trip down Memory Lane?

Alfred
Old 9th May 2012, 04:36 PM   #85
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Mystery solved, methinks. I found this (very old!) post of yours:

http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=14333&postid=46905

It's clear from your post that you created the actual image, but it's equally clear from Becky's reply that she was responsible for the wording. As I indicated earlier in this thread, I suspect that you simply pressed the 'Randomize' button on the Mini-Mizer site (which would explain the presence of wings that you wouldn't have chosen to put there if doing it manually).

During my search, I also stumbled across this thread:

http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=19018

How's that for a trip down Memory Lane?

Alfred

THat, Alfred, is quite some trip!!! Nine years back.

But I only see a hint of the proof. LOL. It's hard to believe I've forgotten this LegoRogues business. I'd better go sniff some herbs.
Old 9th May 2012, 06:03 PM   #86
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
THat, Alfred, is quite some trip!!! Nine years back.

But I only see a hint of the proof. LOL. It's hard to believe I've forgotten this LegoRogues business. I'd better go sniff some herbs.
Maybe you'd better stop sniffing those herbs!

~AWP
Old 9th May 2012, 06:30 PM   #87
KPLewis

KPLewis is a jewel in the roughKPLewis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'd better go sniff some herbs.
I'd recommend rosemary and basil - great for stimulating the memory. I used a combo of those two essential oils way back when doing my herbal medicine exams. (Was that really 18 years ago? ) I had them around me while I was studying, and when the mind went blank in exams all I had to do was sniff at a tissue infused with the oils for it to trigger a memory to set me off again.
Old 9th May 2012, 06:33 PM   #88
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLewis View Post
I'd recommend rosemary and basil - great for stimulating the memory. I used a combo of those two essential oils way back when doing my herbal medicine exams. (Was that really 18 years ago? ) I had them around me while I was studying, and when the mind went blank in exams all I had to do was sniff at a tissue infused with the oils for it to trigger a memory to set me off again.
Karen

I agree.

I have both rosemary and basil as live plants, essential oils, macerated oils and etc.

Both are excellent for perking up brain activity.

I used to propogate about 18 varieties of basil and a dozen of rosemary. Each different.
Old 9th May 2012, 06:50 PM   #89
KPLewis

KPLewis is a jewel in the roughKPLewis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Karen

I agree.

I have both rosemary and basil as live plants, essential oils, macerated oils and etc.

I used to propogate about 18 varieties of basil and a dozen of rosemary. Each different.
The only trouble is that now, if I smell that combo of oils, I feel like I am in an exam situation again. Association is a powerful thing.
Old 9th May 2012, 07:23 PM   #90
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
I'd recommend rosemary and basil - great for stimulating the memory.
Speaking of stimulating the memory, isn't it funny how Rosemary and Basil go together??

Alfred
Old 9th May 2012, 07:57 PM   #91
TAE

TAE is well on the road to greatness

Quote:
Quote:
Karen
Hmm... Maybe it is worth "sniffing some herbs" before I sit my exams... Anything to help me recall those vital facts and figures
Old 9th May 2012, 07:59 PM   #92
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAE View Post
Hmm... Maybe it is worth "sniffing some herbs" before I sit my exams... Anything to help me recall those vital facts and figures
Many students do, TAE.
Old 9th May 2012, 08:01 PM   #93
TAE

Quote:
Many students do, TAE.
Basil and Rosemary; I will (try) to remember before the exams (it is a pity I don't have any now to help trigger my memory!)
Old 9th May 2012, 08:03 PM   #94
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Basil and Rosemary; I will (try) to remember before the exams (it is a pity I don't have any now to help trigger my memory!)
Rosemary is the big gun with memory, TAE.

Get a few sprigs and either put them behind your ear or in your pocket.
Old 9th May 2012, 08:05 PM   #95
TAE

Quote:
Speaking of stimulating the memory, isn't it funny how Rosemary and Basil go together??

Alfred
Oh; I used to love that program! I think I used to have the series on video or something! I can't really remember much about it, but the lion was called Parsley... I wonder how long ago it was I used to watch it... 11-12 years ago??? maybe more... many of us have taken a trip down memory lane in this thread throughout the various posts

Cara, look what you started!
Old 9th May 2012, 08:08 PM   #96
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:

Alfred
That's a new one to me, ~AWP, I hadn't clicked on the link until TAE commented.

Old 9th May 2012, 08:14 PM   #97
TAE

Quote:
That's a new one to me, ~AWP, I hadn't clicked on the link until TAE commented.

I guess it's a British programme that never made it over the ocean
Old 9th May 2012, 08:27 PM   #98
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
I guess it's a British programme that never made it over the ocean
Perhaps it doesn't travel quite as well as Michael Bond's more famous creation, Paddington Bear.

Alfred
Old 9th May 2012, 08:30 PM   #99
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
I can't really remember much about it, but the lion was called Parsley...
Dill the dog, Sage (the owl, of course) and Bayleaf the gardener, not to mention various other hangers-on.

Alfred
Old 9th May 2012, 08:30 PM   #100
TAE

Quote:
Perhaps it doesn't travel quite as well as Michael Bond's more famous creation, Paddington Bear.

Alfred
I never really saw Paddington Bear; I don't know if maybe it was just before my time, but I do still remember that he was big, with his marmalade sandwiches