Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > FontManager

Notices

FontManager Typeface Organisation Software

Old 4th May 2012, 04:42 PM   #1
jrkay

jrkay has a spectacular aura about
Default Runtime Error

Maybe I'm behind the times but I still use Fontmanager 2.
Lately I keep getting a Runtime Error in Microsoft Visual C++, does anybody know what I'm doing wrong and better still how I can fix it.

John
Old 9th May 2012, 09:20 PM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Sorry, what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akykyshka View Post
responses very good! )
Welcome to the Serif forums.

What Serif software do you use?
Old 9th May 2012, 09:40 PM   #3
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh View Post
Welcome to the Serif forums.

What Serif software do you use?
Probably the same as the new user who posted here, claiming to be in Canada but actually posting from Bucharest, Romania.

Edit: In a similar vein, Mongolia is quite far away from Prague in the Czech Republic.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 9th May 2012, 09:45 PM   #4
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Probably the same as the new user who posted here, claiming to be in Canada but actually posting from Bucharest, Romania.

Edit: In a similar vein, Mongolia is quite far away from Prague in the Czech Republic.

Alfred
LOL, Alfred, we've had a number of new members just recently... of a similar vein.
Old 16th June 2012, 11:39 AM   #5
jrkay

Default Re: Runtime Error

Quote:
Runtime Error
Maybe I'm behind the times but I still use Fontmanager 2.
Lately I keep getting a Runtime Error in Microsoft Visual C++, does anybody know what I'm doing wrong and better still how I can fix it.

John
I posted this some time ago and I didn't understand the posts which followed. I still don't, can anyone help me with the original problem lease?

John
Old 16th June 2012, 11:41 AM   #6
mjh
The one and only mjh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkay View Post
I posted this some time ago and I didn't understand the posts which followed. I still don't, can anyone help me with the original problem lease?

John
John

I don't know.

But, could it be an update is required? I've run into this in the past with other software and it seems I had to update something.

Hopefully someone with better direction will come along and set you on the straight path.
Old 16th June 2012, 01:20 PM   #7
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:

John
Sorry about that, John! There was a post (now deleted) from a spammer, and the posts which followed consisted of nothing more than a discussion between Marilyn and me about that spammer and similar ones.

What version of Windows are you using, and are you logged in with administrative privileges? Does the problem occur when running FM2 on its own, or in conjunction with PP, or both? Which version(s) of PP do you currently have installed?

Alfred
Old 16th June 2012, 05:14 PM   #8
jrkay

Thanks for your reply Alfred, I'm running PagePlus X6 and the latest (version 2) of Fontmanager.
This seems to happen when I am running PagePlus or by itself. If I uninstall and reinstall the program it will fix it for a while and then it goes the same way
I really think that it's a good program when it does run.
Thanks for your interest.

John
Old 16th June 2012, 05:22 PM   #9
jrkay

Just for Curiosity's sake I tried to install it once again, it installed OK but it wouldn't run at all without giving the "Runtime Error" message, whether pagePlus was running or not.
So I uninstalled it.

John
Old 17th June 2012, 01:42 PM   #10
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
I'm running PagePlus X6 and the latest (version 2) of Fontmanager.
There was actually a later version (FMX3) but some of us, me included, didn't get on very well with it and consequently reverted to FM2. I don't currently have FontManager installed on this system, so I'm hardly in a good position to help!

Alfred