Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 1st May 2012, 12:54 AM   #1
Sandy
Advanced Member

Sandy is well on the road to greatness
Smile Print Preview

Sorry if I missed this, but I did do a search for this problem and found nothing.

In PPX4 with my small 28 page A4 landscape booklet (2 A5 pages side by side) I could go to print preview and then scroll down through each double A5 page, page by page all the way to the last page of the booklet.

Now with PPX6 I find in print preview that one can only view a single double page 'in full size' at a time - then go back into the programme and select another double side by side page - back into print preview and on and on and on. Literally a 2-second job becoming many (and unnecessary) minutes.

Can one have print preview working in X6 as it did in X4 in print preview, so that each double page (in my case) is perfectly readable (and same size as the original pages in the programme as was the case in X4) as you scroll down page by page by page by page...?
Old 1st May 2012, 01:21 AM   #2
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Print Preview

Press Page Down and Page Up.

Geoff
Old 1st May 2012, 01:22 AM   #3
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
Sorry if I missed this, but I did do a search for this problem and found nothing.

In PPX4 with my small 28 page A4 landscape booklet (2 A5 pages side by side) I could go to print preview and then scroll down through each double A5 page, page by page all the way to the last page of the booklet.

Now with PPX6 I find in print preview that one can only view a single double page 'in full size' at a time - then go back into the programme and select another double side by side page - back into print preview and on and on and on. Literally a 2-second job becoming many (and unnecessary) minutes.

Can one have print preview working in X6 as it did in X4 in print preview, so that each double page (in my case) is perfectly readable (and same size as the original pages in the programme as was the case in X4) as you scroll down page by page by page by page...?

Hiya Sandy

The Print Preview is a bit different, isn't li?

Go to View > Multipage

There may be another way, too.

Hope this helps.
Old 1st May 2012, 01:53 AM   #4
Sandy
Advanced Member

Smile Re: Print Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Blanthorn View Post
Press Page Down and Page Up.

Geoff
Thanks Geoff, and Marilyn,

I expected to be able to do it by the scrollbar (as X4), or page up/down buttons - but I see that it is hidden away in the View pull down menu.

Multiple Page didn't work Marilyn as each page becomes too small for a quick proofread.

That's the first problem solved, and I know I'm changing the subject - my next is lack of Browse in the File menu. I have 100s of graphics files and publications that I constantly need to refer back to almost daily, and need to view them pictorially in browse (remembering file names is ridiculous); I have to be able to see the graphics, artwork and publications I have produced over the years - so it looks like I am stuck in PPX4, and PPX6 will be just have be a novelty for me, as I simply must have browse, and X4 has it. I am still using XP where I believe the problem may lie but have no plans to change it, so I'll have to stay X4 for all my work?

For me personally, getting rid of Browse is a truly enormous step backwards by Serif as all photo editing programs have browse including PhPlus, so why not PP and DP; which had it in previous versions?
Old 1st May 2012, 04:46 AM   #5
Geoff Blanthorn
Expert

Geoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to beholdGeoff Blanthorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
I expected to be able to do it by the scrollbar (as X4), or page up/down buttons - but I see that it is hidden away in the View pull down menu.
You can use the Page up/down keys or the page indicator on the hint line.

Geoff
Old 1st May 2012, 12:46 PM   #6
Sandy
Advanced Member

Smile Re: Print Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Blanthorn View Post
You can use the Page up/down keys or the page indicator on the hint line.

Geoff
Thanks Geoff,

These keys have been there for years on the hint line of the main screen, and now they are there in print preview as well. It's my advanced years!