Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 1st May 2012, 04:19 AM   #1
girlhowdy

girlhowdy is on a distinguished road
Default Publishin Error Message

I still can't publish. I published my sister's site with no problems as a test. Went to publish mine, and could not.
It say's "error opening remote file, side heart.gif for writing (open reqired failed) Then i see the retry 3 times and then it stops. I looked at my index.php page and i could see that it uploaded all the text and none of the images. Any advice?
Old 1st May 2012, 04:26 AM   #2
girlhowdy

Default Re: Publishin Error Message

I want to ad that i was able to upload my Terms of Service page which is all text. If this helps.
Old 1st May 2012, 05:21 AM   #3
girlhowdy

Anyone?
Old 1st May 2012, 05:27 AM   #4
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlhowdy View Post
Anyone?
Many forum members on this (UK) side of the pond are only just awakening, and most on the other side will be hitting the sack about now ... Please be patient! Also, it really isn't a good idea to start a new thread on the same subject - please stick to your original thread so that readers can see the problem in its entirety - you cannot and must not assume that anyone reading this has been following the other thread or (even worse) threads. Please don't take offence - this advice will help you to get the best out of these forums in the long-term.

I think you are going to have to provide us with a sample .wpp file that is displaying these problems.
WPX2-6 SITES: The Falcon Inn (X6) | Martin Sexton - Artist (X2) | Clover Greetings
(X6)
Old 1st May 2012, 05:36 AM   #5
girlhowdy

When i asked about this problem in a previous thread, I was told to create a new thread, and that's what i did.
Old 1st May 2012, 05:41 AM   #6
Ali
Guru

Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)Ali has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
When i asked about this problem in a previous thread, I was told to create a new thread, and that's what i did.
My apologies - I was sure that your publishing woes had been discussed elsewhere (I was pretty sure I had contributed to the thread myself). Nonetheless, we still need to see a file and/or a link to the site if we are to help you. Please provide one or both.

EDIT I now see you were asked by MJH to start a new thread about naming images, which is a separate topic to publishing problems. Maybe you were confused by this advice? Not to worry.
WPX2-6 SITES: The Falcon Inn (X6) | Martin Sexton - Artist (X2) | Clover Greetings
(X6)
Old 1st May 2012, 05:58 AM   #7
girlhowdy

How do i show you the file?
Old 1st May 2012, 06:01 AM   #8
Ali
Guru

Quote:
How do i show you the file?
Make a one-page copy of the .wpp file that contains the item or items that seem to be causing the publishing process to choke. Save this with a different name to your main file (e.g. gif_test.wpp), then click on the Quote button to reply to this post and use the paper clip icon on the toolbar to find the file and attach it here. Also, please provide a link to your site online.
(X6)

Last edited by Ali; 1st May 2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 1st May 2012, 06:14 AM   #9
girlhowdy

I'd prefer to not post my site or link here in the public forums. I think i will submit a support ticket for this. Thanks for the replies....
Old 1st May 2012, 06:18 AM   #10
Ali
Guru

Quote:
I'd prefer to not post my site or link here in the public forums. I think i will submit a support ticket for this. Thanks for the replies....
OK - well, I hope you get a quick response, although they will probably tell you to come here! I trust you are using WPX5? If not, support may not be available to you from Serif. I have to go to work soon, but someone else may offer to look at your file privately. I can't help wondering why you are shy about publishing a site link when it's already out there on the web - is it the nature of the site that is stopping you? Sorry, I'm a bit nosey by nature.
(X6)
Old 1st May 2012, 09:20 AM   #11
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Your question in the other thread was about quickshapes and whether you should give them a file name.

that is different than the file publishing issue.