Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 1st May 2012, 02:14 AM   #1
teachtopia

teachtopia is on a distinguished road
Default Embedding Videos and not using Youtube

Dear Webplus Community,

In the past, I have embedded videos using youtube and it has been very easy. I could change the size of the videos by simply changing the size of the HTML box. When I import a video from my own url and not from youtube I don't seem to have the same option of resizing but rather the video just appears as the size of the video. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks :-)
and about 50 more!!
Old 1st May 2012, 07:17 AM   #2
Phaedrus

Phaedrus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Embedding Videos and not using Youtube

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachtopia View Post
Dear Webplus Community,

In the past, I have embedded videos using youtube and it has been very easy. I could change the size of the videos by simply changing the size of the HTML box. When I import a video from my own url and not from youtube I don't seem to have the same option of resizing but rather the video just appears as the size of the video. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks :-)
Hello Teachtopia,

I found YouTube unusable for a variety of reasons, and am dubious about giving that much licensing and control to a 3rd party. Also, the native Serif video solution essentially is not practice for a variety of issues, including controlling size. While it can be done, I was never able to determine how. This forced me to find a shareware product solution whereby I could host my own videos, and gain an incredible amount of display options.

There is a company who's product works well with WebPlus, and I recommend you try out their free version. Using this, I do not need to embed the video itself into WebPlus, I only add an HTML fragment and upload a java script and the video. A little editing allows multiple videos to be added to the same WebPlus webpage.

Try this:
Video LightBox v1.11
http://videolightbox.com