Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Community > Product Suggestions

Notices

Product Suggestions Post feature requests for specific products in the appropriate wish-list thread, and other suggestions in new threads.

Old 11th March 2012, 04:17 PM   #1
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default MoviePlus X7 Wishlist

Now that MoviePlus X6 has been released, here's a new MoviePlus X7 wishlist. If there's anything you would like to see in the next release, please post here.

If there are any suggestions from the previous wishlist which didn't make it into X6, please feel free to repost them here if you'd still like to see them implemented in X7.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 11th March 2012, 04:37 PM   #2
PeterPanino

PeterPanino is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MoviePlus X7 Wishlist

In the Export dialog, there should be a checkbox "Standby after Exporting" or similar. I prefer Standby (also called "Sleep") over Shutdown because Shutdown does not always work due to some programs preventing the system shutdown.
Old 17th March 2012, 04:29 PM   #3
RicRoller

RicRoller is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanino View Post
In the Export dialog, there should be a checkbox "Standby after Exporting" or similar. I prefer Standby (also called "Sleep") over Shutdown because Shutdown does not always work due to some programs preventing the system shutdown.
Running on a laptop PC, you would also have the option of "Hibernate"

So, the user could be offered a choice of any of the available methods (IMO MoviePlus would need to interrogate the PC's power manangement settings to see if sleep or hibernate were supported before offering them...).

(a) Do nothing
(b) Beep or play a sound
(b) Stand by / sleep
(c) Hibernate
(d) Shut down (or at least attempt to...).

Regards,
Richard
Old 18th March 2012, 12:20 PM   #4
PeterPanino

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicRoller View Post
Running on a laptop PC, you would also have the option of "Hibernate"

So, the user could be offered a choice of any of the available methods (IMO MoviePlus would need to interrogate the PC's power manangement settings to see if sleep or hibernate were supported before offering them...).

(a) Do nothing
(b) Beep or play a sound
(b) Stand by / sleep
(c) Hibernate
(d) Shut down (or at least attempt to...).

Regards,
Richard
Serif developers should also add:

(e) Custom command-line

This would allow the user to execute a custom action - very useful!
Old 4th April 2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Eugene Rohland

Eugene Rohland is on a distinguished road

Third party plug-in support, PLEASE. I need to buy NewBlueFX modules but what is the point if I can't plug them into my video editor ?

One of Serif's closest competitors now has this facility. I don't want to use a competitor's software. I want to use Serif, but give us the tools !

Last edited by Eugene Rohland; 4th April 2012 at 06:37 PM.
Old 4th April 2012, 06:51 PM   #6
MikeR

MikeR is a glorious beacon of lightMikeR is a glorious beacon of light

5.1 sound, smart HD rendering, better DVD/Blu-ray authoring (more flexibility, more menu layers).

Medion MD8833 with Intel Q6600 + 3GB. Win 7 64 Ultimate SP1.

Old 10th April 2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Gordon L

Gordon L is on a distinguished road

I'd like to see more audio options. My wishlist (in order of desire):
Ability to see larger waveforms (as in Garageband for e.g). Reason: often low level but important sounds (such as breaths for speech editing) don't show at all.
More audio effects: Normalise would be No. 1 for me
Keyboard operated sound mixer panel, enabling 'live' mixes - preview a file and adjust audio channel as you listen.

Thanks and here's hoping...
G.
Old 10th April 2012, 10:48 PM   #8
ggrussell
Expert

ggrussell is a jewel in the roughggrussell is a jewel in the rough

Would be nice to be able to mark chapters in Storyboard mode. I was working on a training video for my grand nephew. I placed text before each training exercise. Much easier to see these text clips in Storyboard mode.
----
Also would be nice to have Guides in Menu Designer to line up buttons and/or Alignment tools.
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:49 AM   #9
Gordon L

How about some sort of 'Pack and go' option that would copy the MP file and all the associated clips, keeping a file structure intact. This would be v. useful for archiving.

See this thread: http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=111319

Last edited by Gordon L; 26th April 2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 28th April 2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Noddy656

Noddy656 is on a distinguished road
Default Why have a dozen "clicks" when one will do

Can I suggest the addition of the following.
When importing media from "Rip CD" the window opens showing the track numbers - the default position is that every track is selected. Can a button be added to deselect every track - this would speed up selecting a single track. As things stand at present you have to untick every box then select the track you want - unnecessarily long winded! The alternative solution would be for the default position to show no track selected.
Old 28th April 2012, 02:11 PM   #11
Gordon L

Noddy
I've never used this feature so I've just tried it - I see what you mean!
Old 29th April 2012, 04:41 PM   #12
techy8

techy8 is on a distinguished road

It appears as though MoviePlus remembers Folder locations and other settings globally. It would be far better if each PROJECT remembered it's own folder locations and settings for things such as PROXY FILES.
Old 29th April 2012, 04:52 PM   #13
techy8

I would also like to see the ability to SCRUB the sound on the TIMELINE when you use the right & left arrow keys, this feature has been in Premiere for decades. VERY USEFUL for frame accurate sound editing.
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:24 PM   #14
Jon White
Serif Europe Limited

Jon White will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by techy8 View Post
It appears as though MoviePlus remembers Folder locations and other settings globally. It would be far better if each PROJECT remembered it's own folder locations and settings for things such as PROXY FILES.
Not if you use the same clip in more than one project.
Old 6th May 2012, 06:38 PM   #15
techy8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon White View Post
Not if you use the same clip in more than one project.
Yes I know that but please can you make it so that it keeps the project file locations with EVERY project. It would save an awful lot of fingerwork and discovering that proxy files have been saved in tyhe wrong location.
Old 12th May 2012, 04:17 PM   #16
ggrussell
Expert

ggrussell is a jewel in the roughggrussell is a jewel in the rough

1: Need a way to break apart text string so we can animate letters separately. I wanted to rotate each letter on vertical axis like Avenger Trailer.

2: Preset text is great, but need a way to copy the preset color, lines and FX filters WITHOUT changing the font. Perhaps a modifier like Cntl-click or something. This would allow users to see the different options using their font of choice in preview.
Old 14th May 2012, 05:59 PM   #17
barryt

barryt is on a distinguished road

Please please Please! The ability to SORT IMPORTED MEDIA BY DATE/TIME. You can sort files by practically everything else at the moment, but if you import a mix of stills and video clips there's no way of sorting them in DATE/TIME order so that they can simply be dragged onto the Storyboard to make an instant DVD which is in chronological order.
This is such an obvious omission that I think it should come out as a free patch to everyone who has paid a lot of money for X6!
Old 26th May 2012, 09:19 AM   #18
littlefish

littlefish is on a distinguished road

Import .mkv files, please.
Old 28th May 2012, 08:51 AM   #19
PeterPanino

Dear Serif, please implement a semi-automatic procedure to edit an Audio Clip (be it linked or not) in an external audio editor (e.g. Wavelab). External audio editors could be configured by the user in Tools/Options. Then, when the user right-clicks a selected Audio Clip, in the context menu he selects 'Edit in Wavelab' to automatically load and edit the Audio Clip in Wavelab.

On the internal technical level, this could be achieved by:

1. The Audio Clip is exported as a temporary WAV file.

2. MP calls the audio editor with the temporary wav file on the command-line.

3. MP uses a well known callback function to be informed when the temporary wav file changes (i.e. when the audio editor saves the loaded file).

4. As soon as the temporary wav file has changed, MP automatically imports it and replaces the selected Audio Clip with the temporary wav file, so it can be reviewed in MP together with the video tracks.

This would be extremely useful as it would make the audio editing capabilities limitless!

Last edited by PeterPanino; 28th May 2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old 8th June 2012, 11:35 AM   #20
DrBob
Advanced Member

DrBob is well on the road to greatness
Default MoviePlus X7 Wishlist - renaming files

In reference to thread regarding file renaming between X6 and the actual file name. I would like to see a function in MoviePlus X7, which could simultaneously rename the file and update the project with its new name.

Last edited by DrBob; 8th June 2012 at 11:44 AM.