Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 28th April 2012, 11:29 AM   #1
michaelarkwright

michaelarkwright is on a distinguished road
Default Bullet points Issue

Morning All,

I wonder if someone may be able to help me, I have written some areas in a text box see example below.
  • Blackpool
  • Lancaster
  • Morecambe
  • Heysham

I have then changed all the text to orange, the bullet points show on wp as orange as does the text when I preview however the bullet points change to black, I then copied the text frame including the bullet points and it only seems to do it on certain pages.

If I then copy it to a new project and preview it its fine.

Is there a page setting or something I could have changed?

Hope that all makes sense

Regards

Mike
Old 28th April 2012, 12:02 PM   #2
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Bullet points Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelarkwright View Post
I have then changed all the text to orange, the bullet points show on wp as orange as does the text when I preview however the bullet points change to black
Hi Mike,

If I have black bullets with orange text, everything changes to orange on preview for the reason explained here, but that's the other way around. I don't get anything orange on the WP page changing to black when previewed.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 28th April 2012, 12:04 PM   #3
michaelarkwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Hi Mike,

If I have black bullets with orange text, everything changes to orange on preview for the reason explained here, but that's the other way around. I don't get anything orange on the WP page changing to black when previewed.

Alfred
What I dont understand is why when I copy the whole of the bottom page which includes the bullet points bit onto another page it works fine yet on this specific page it doesn't work.

When I try and retype it all on the page with the problem it wont work.

But when I also try and retype it on another page it continues to work as it should!
Old 28th April 2012, 12:09 PM   #4
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
What I dont understand is why when I copy the whole of the bottom page which includes the bullet points bit onto another page it works fine yet on this specific page it doesn't work.

When I try and retype it all on the page with the problem it wont work.

But when I also try and retype it on another page it continues to work as it should!
That would seem to point to an interaction with something else on the page, but it's hard to say without seeing your .wpp file.

Alfred
Old 28th April 2012, 12:31 PM   #5
michaelarkwright

Quote:
That would seem to point to an interaction with something else on the page, but it's hard to say without seeing your .wpp file.

Alfred
Cant attach it as its to big and when I copy the area into a new project it works just as it should
Old 28th April 2012, 12:38 PM   #6
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
Cant attach it as its to big and when I copy the area into a new project it works just as it should
Hi Mike,

You can send it to me by clicking this link: Document Courier (Password: Arkwright)

Alfred
Old 28th April 2012, 01:35 PM   #7
michaelarkwright

Quote:
Hi Mike,

You can send it to me by clicking this link: Document Courier (Password: Arkwright)

Alfred
Brilliant, Thanks

Do I need a username or just the password?
Old 28th April 2012, 02:23 PM   #8
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
Brilliant, Thanks

Do I need a username or just the password?
Just the password. Click the link and try it! It wouldn't have worked when you posed your question because I was offline for a while, but I'm (rather obviously) back online now.

Alfred
Old 28th April 2012, 02:39 PM   #9
michaelarkwright

Quote:
Just the password. Click the link and try it! It wouldn't have worked when you posed your question because I was offline for a while, but I'm (rather obviously) back online now.

Alfred
That would explain that one then, no problem ive sent it now.

Thanks again

Mike
Old 28th April 2012, 02:45 PM   #10
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
That would explain that one then, no problem ive sent it now.
And I've received it, thanks. I'll take a look at it now.

Alfred
Old 28th April 2012, 03:11 PM   #11
michaelarkwright

Quote:

Alfred
Brilliant, Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 03:16 PM   #12
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:

Alfred
Well, I've had a quick look and I can see what's happening, but it isn't immediately obvious why it's happening. I'll have to come back to it later on, either today or tomorrow.

Alfred
Old 28th April 2012, 03:17 PM   #13
michaelarkwright

Quote:
Well, I've had a quick look and I can see what's happening, but it isn't immediately obvious why it's happening. I'll have to come back to it later on, either today or tomorrow.

Alfred
Ok no problem, no major rush. Just grateful for your help!

Thanks

Mike
Old 28th April 2012, 11:14 PM   #14
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
Ok no problem, no major rush. Just grateful for your help!

Thanks

Mike
OK, I didn't rush! Here 'tis: [deleted] (1.34 MB)

You may notice that the file size has decreased by about a third; this is because I moved a lot of stuff to a Master Page (and a little stuff to a second Master Page). I warmly recommend that you get into the habit of using Master Pages for content which is common to two or more pages, not so much for the saving in file size but more because it makes it considerably easier to achieve consistent placement of the page content and also to maintain the site. In the present example, the bulleted text is correct on the Master Pages and therefore it is correct on all of the associated ordinary pages.

I noticed one or two oddities such as "Laancaster" with two 'a's (on the Lancaster page) and the neologism "improval" on the paragraphs about Collagen Light Therapy and the page dedicated to that subject, but I didn't tinker with any of the text.

Alfred

Last edited by AlfredP; 28th April 2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Deleted file and link