Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > PagePlus

Notices

PagePlus Questions about using PagePlus for desktop publishing

Old 26th April 2012, 12:11 PM   #1
BobS

BobS is on a distinguished road
Question Display form information

Now that Serif no longer supports Page+ X5 I am asking for help here.
I create a form with check boxes, text boxes etc and all looks good when viewed in Pageplus but when I publish as a pdf file all of the general info is there but I cannot see the check boxes etc. I have even tried publishing Serif a template without making any changes but get the same problem. I am trying to view with Acrobat reader 9 I have tried with "Foxit" and can see some of the items but they are in strange colours.
I don't know if this is an Acrobat bug or Serif but it does make forms unuseable and I cannot tell what version of a pdf reader any recipient is going to use.
Any help appreciated.
Old 26th April 2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Art

Art is a jewel in the roughArt is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Display form information

Other than to make sure that you have compatibility set to Acrobt 4, 5, or 6 I can only suggest that you post an example of a failing .ppp here so that others can have a try.

Art

** If you're not part of the solution, you may be part of the problem **
Old 26th April 2012, 04:28 PM   #3
BobS

Thank You
I am not on the PC that has page plus on it at present but I tried it with several of the templates supplied as forms. I just opened them and published them as pdf without making any changes.
Your compatibility point was interesting I used the default settings and did not know these could be changed I will try different settings tonight when I get to the other PC.
Old 26th April 2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Thank You
I am not on the PC that has page plus on it at present but I tried it with several of the templates supplied as forms. I just opened them and published them as pdf without making any changes.
Your compatibility point was interesting I used the default settings and did not know these could be changed I will try different settings tonight when I get to the other PC.
If you still have a problem tonight please be specific to one of the templates that is giving you a problem, we can all then ensure we are all starting from the same place and looking at the same things.

Art

Old 27th April 2012, 03:20 PM   #5
BobS

Sorry I can't upload the pdf file as it exceeds the allowed file size. I have uploaded the original .ppp template. I have tried all of the compatibility combinations but the pdf file still does not show, in this case the radio buttons when published by pageplus x5 and I try to view with Acrobat 9. I have opened the pdf file with page plus and it still does not show them. I have opened it with Foxit Reader and I can see the radio buttons but they do not work properly as they seem to be a complete group and only one can be selected rather than one selection in each row. This may be a problem with the set up of the original template and I could probably sort it but the thing I need to be able to do is see the text boxes, radio, submit buttons etc.
Attached Files
File Type: ppp Publication1.ppp (49.3 KB, 11 views)
Old 27th April 2012, 05:03 PM   #6
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

Bob,

What is your PDF publishing options set to?

The attached PDF is using the Acrobat 6 and Default settings in the two appropriate Publish to PDF dialog.

Take care, Mike

Last edited by MikeW; 22nd May 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 27th April 2012, 06:24 PM   #7
Art

Quote:
Sorry I can't upload the pdf file as it exceeds the allowed file size. I have uploaded the original .ppp template. I have tried all of the compatibility combinations but the pdf file still does not show, in this case the radio buttons when published by pageplus x5 and I try to view with Acrobat 9.
Works fine here on both AR9 and ARX
Quote:

I have opened the pdf file with page plus and it still does not show them.
Correct - All of the controls, fields etc. are code, they are not objects in the pdf that PP can display.

Quote:

I have opened it with Foxit Reader and I can see the radio buttons but they do not work properly as they seem to be a complete group and only one can be selected rather than one selection in each row.
That sort of points to the pdf not being generated correctly, can you send your pdf to me at: art at artbrough dot co dot uk

Then I can see if it opens OK here or not. It may give us a bit more to go on.

Quote:

This may be a problem with the set up of the original template and I could probably sort it but the thing I need to be able to do is see the text boxes, radio, submit buttons etc.
As I said, nothing wrong with your .ppp file here.

Art

Old 27th April 2012, 09:49 PM   #8
BobS

Thank you I will email you the pdf version.
EDIT:
Sorry to everyone who tried to help but I have now found the problem.
I was using Acrobat reader 9.1.3 and Vista when I had the problem. When I went to email the file it opened correctly BUT as it was on a network I used a different PC and this one had Acrobat reader 10.1.3 on it and everything worked fine. I have submitted foems and they are sent and received OK. I then upgraded the 9.1.3 version to 10.1.3 on the Vista PC and it now works fine.
I went to yet another PC running XP with an early version of Acrobat reader 7. something and this worked fine. As I had 9.1.3 saved I installed it on the XP PC and guess what it did not work.

So looks like a bug in Acrobat Reader 9.1.3 once again sorry to those who tried to help, I should have done more testing before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited by BobS; 27th April 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 28th April 2012, 08:11 AM   #9
Art

No problem Bob, good to get to the bottom of it.

Art

Old 28th April 2012, 02:00 PM   #10
MikeW

MikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant futureMikeW has a brilliant future

The current Reader / Acrobat version in the 9 series is 9.52. I tested the above PDF that I made with PPX5 in it and it works perfectly as well. So if you get someone who does have the 9 series install, doesn't want to update to 10, tell them to at least update their 9 series.

Take care, Mike