Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 15th April 2012, 07:00 PM   #1
BlueStreak

BlueStreak is on a distinguished road
Default Odd Hyperlink Problem

As per the title, I have a strange problem with hyperlinked text. I've tried searching the forums, but to be honest.. I have no idea how to describe this when searching.

Anyway, the problem: If I hyperlink regular text, then it's fine. But if I hyperlink an Artistic text, then the actual spot for the link (that you click) is at the very TOP of the text itself, as seen below...

In other words, the whole text is no longer one huge link. To use it, you have to click at the very top of the text, which makes no sense.

I've tried removing the text and creating a new one, but it has the same effect. The only way around it so far has been to convert all these Artistic texts to images. Then the whole image is a link, like it should be.

This has never happened before, and I've only just noticed today when updating my website.

Is this a usual problem? I assume it shouldn't be doing that. Does anyone have any clues or ideas as to this odd behavior of hyperlinks?

Thanks in advance
Old 16th April 2012, 04:32 AM   #2
Mick
Expert

Mick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud of
Default Re: Odd Hyperlink Problem

I can replicate the same thing here when hyperlinking artistic text and only the top part of the text becomes clickable, however, as a work around, you could remove the hyperlink and then drag a hotspot around the artistic text and the whole text then becomes an hyperlink.

Somebody else with a little more time (getting ready for work here) maybe able to give you the answer as to why and a better solution to the problem.
Old 16th April 2012, 04:43 AM   #3
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Good evening

I just created Artistic text, Arial black: Sonic the Hedgehog

Then, I changed the font color to green and the font line to black and finally added an outerglow filter effect.

Hyperlinking to this text indeed does not link the full letters.

However, selecting all the text and Tools > Convert to Curves allows the hyperlink to be applied and it covers the whole text as image. No hotspot required.
Old 19th April 2012, 11:50 AM   #4
BlueStreak

BlueStreak is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies there.

So, you can recreate this problem? That's good, at least it's not just me then.

Since it seems that MJH's cure is the easiest to do, I'll try that one first.

Do you have any idea why it's doing it all of a sudden? This was never an issue before.. then out of the blue... problem.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies... now I can get back to updating my site