Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 15th April 2012, 08:49 PM   #1
JonathanA

JonathanA is on a distinguished road
Question File Name: & SEO

hi,

If i was designing a website for a company that already have a good search engine ranking and 5000 links to their various pages, would the ranking be retained as long as i keep the page file names the same?

Obviously if the keyword density and other important seo factors were worse then the pages would fall in the rankings. But if the only difference was layout and a different server hosting the site would this affect ranking?

I've heard of using 301 redirects etc but dont really understand the concept.
Old 15th April 2012, 10:05 PM   #2
nfc212
Master

nfc212 has a brilliant futurenfc212 has a brilliant futurenfc212 has a brilliant futurenfc212 has a brilliant future
Default Re: File Name: & SEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanA View Post
hi,

If i was designing a website for a company that already have a good search engine ranking and 5000 links to their various pages, would the ranking be retained as long as i keep the page file names the same?

Obviously if the keyword density and other important seo factors were worse then the pages would fall in the rankings. But if the only difference was layout and a different server hosting the site would this affect ranking?

I've heard of using 301 redirects etc but dont really understand the concept.
Retain the original file names as much as possible it will save having to redirect all those links and as the site has a good ranking it would be advisable not to alter them.

The Ferret - Using PHP & MySQL to create dynamic Web Plus sites
Sleeping tigers do not concern themselves over the opinions of sheep.
Independent Forum for Serif software and web design/development topics.
nfc212 is offline   Reply With Quote