Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > WebPlus

Notices

WebPlus Questions about using WebPlus for website design

Old 15th April 2012, 04:13 PM   #1
sonia

sonia is on a distinguished road
Default music file stopping and starting!

Hi,
I have added on my website a video made up of photos using the professional photo gallery and i add a separate music file. when playing back the music file stops and starts like it is loading all the time. The video file is working Ok by the way. I have tried this on several browsers.
This happens on my laptop and if I play it on my desktop it works perfect. So what is missing?
I hope you can help me please.
Thanks in advance
Sonia
Old 15th April 2012, 04:18 PM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: music file stopping and starting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia View Post
Hi,
I have added on my website a video made up of photos using the professional photo gallery and i add a separate music file. when playing back the music file stops and starts like it is loading all the time. The video file is working Ok by the way. I have tried this on several browsers.
This happens on my laptop and if I play it on my desktop it works perfect. So what is missing?
Thanks in advance
Sonia
How can we help you without seeing a page with the gallery and the audio?
Old 15th April 2012, 04:22 PM   #3
emmrecs

emmrecs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia View Post
Hi,
Thanks in advance
Sonia
Just speculation: but is your laptop connected wirelessly to the Internet and your desktop connected via Ethernet cable direct to your router?

If so, the problem is that the wireless connection can't stream the audio quickly enough to your laptop to enable it to play the audio file continuously. That is a "limitation" of connection speed, not a problem with your website.

What is the site address? Maybe users here could look at it and tell you whether they "hear" the same problem.

In order to resolve the problem of a "stuttering stream" you may need to reduce the quality of the audio file. What format is it currently? If it's a .wav file then, yes, you will almost certainly have streaming problems. .mp3 files are generally accepted as the best format for web streaming but you will find that quality of the audio becomes progressively less as you use higher levels of compression (= lower quality.)

HTH.

Jeff
Old 15th April 2012, 04:37 PM   #4
sonia

sonia is on a distinguished road

OK here is a link to the page, i didn't think you needed to see it. It will probably work Ok for you but as i said it didn't work on the laptop very well but the desktop perfect. By the way i have both on Wireless connection and it is an MP3 file
http://www.georgganswein.com/happy85...olyfather.html