Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Photos and Movies > PhotoPlus

Notices

PhotoPlus Questions about using PhotoPlus for photo editing

Old 8th April 2012, 04:36 PM   #1
Gordon Potter

Gordon Potter is on a distinguished road
Default Photoplus 11 reload prog

Think I did this post in wrong place so will try again here ! Trying to reload my photoplus !! after a computer crash wont reload error code comes up ERROR 2755. Can anyone help Thanks GP
Old 8th April 2012, 06:01 PM   #2
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Photoplus 11 reload prog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Potter View Post
Think I did this post in wrong place so will try again here !
Welcome to the Serif forums, Gordon. Your post count indicates that you've only posted here once, so I don't know what happened to your first attempt!

Quote:
Trying to reload my photoplus !! after a computer crash wont reload error code comes up ERROR 2755. Can anyone help Thanks GP
What version of Windows do you have? Did you previously have the program installed on the same system, or are you moving it from another one? If the former, it's possible that the uninstallation was incomplete.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 8th April 2012, 06:47 PM   #3
DJS

DJS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Think I did this post in wrong place so will try again here ! Trying to reload my photoplus !! after a computer crash wont reload error code comes up ERROR 2755. Can anyone help Thanks GP
Error 5006 during install

This error only happens with early version of Serif software, that uses the installshield as the installer routine.

Go to “start” and then “my computer” then go this location C:\Program Files\Common Files. In there you should see another folder called InstallShield. You need to rename this folder to InstallShield.old and then you can close that window.

Now try and install the software you are having trouble with, when the software starts the installation process a new InstallShield folder will be created.

HTH - DJS
Old 10th April 2012, 01:08 AM   #4
Gordon Potter

DJS Thank you for your help have tried the change you suggested , But again it has come up with "unable to load Error 2755". When I started the reload it did say "Photoplus Setup wizard " not the usual installshield window
Thank you for your input any more ideas ? GP
Old 10th April 2012, 02:15 AM   #5
Gordon Potter

Alfred P thanks for your reply, It was just the hard drive replaced no other changes to computer. Which is home build, with Asus mother board, AMD athlon 6 core 3.4 processor, 4Gig DDR2 Ram.Don't understand why it wont load will will have to try giving Serif a ring if no ideas on forum. GP
Old 10th April 2012, 08:36 AM   #6
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Alfred P thanks for your reply, It was just the hard drive replaced no other changes to computer. Which is home build, with Asus mother board, AMD athlon 6 core 3.4 processor, 4Gig DDR2 Ram.Don't understand why it wont load will will have to try giving Serif a ring if no ideas on forum. GP
Thanks, Gordon. I've managed to track down "Error 2755"; it's mentioned here on the FiresNet error help page, but rather than manually tweaking registry entries as described there, I suggest that you follow the advice in thise following Serif Knowledge Base article:

Troubleshooting - "A system reboot request or pending file rename operation has been detected"

I hope that resolves the issue for you.

Alfred
Old 12th April 2012, 12:48 AM   #7
Gordon Potter

AlfredP Have sent you an email. GP
Old 12th April 2012, 07:25 AM   #8
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
AlfredP Have sent you an email. GP
Thanks for that, Gordon. At what stage did you receive the "FRFIX unable to rename" message? Did you reboot the computer and try again? What version of Windows are you using, and are you logged in as administrator?

Belated birthday greetings, by the way!

Alfred
Old 14th April 2012, 01:13 AM   #9
Gordon Potter

AlbertP Hi again further update with my efforts.Reloaded PP10 that loaded without any trouble so tried PP11 again, it loaded without the error so I can only asume that 10 had corrected the registry key.Its running OK.

Thanks again for your efforts with this problem Gordon
Old 14th April 2012, 01:21 PM   #10
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:
AlbertP Hi again further update with my efforts.Reloaded PP10 that loaded without any trouble so tried PP11 again, it loaded without the error so I can only asume that 10 had corrected the registry key.Its running OK.

Thanks again for your efforts with this problem Gordon
I'm pleased to hear that you resolved the problem, Gordon, even if the route to that resolution was somewhat circuitous!

Alfred