Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > Digital Scrapbook Artist

Notices

Digital Scrapbook Artist Digital Scrapbooking Software

Old 6th April 2012, 07:33 PM   #1
ncborn

ncborn is on a distinguished road
Default Help Lost Hard Work on Scrapbook

I have been working on a Scrapbook for my Granddaughter and it is about 20+ pages. I had just revised about 8 of those pages with a lot of work involved and DSA 2 stopped and said their was a problem and it would check to see if there was a fix. I waited and waited and nothing came up so I cancelled and it shut down. When I opened the program again it asked me if I wanted to try and open unsaved work and now it is back to all the pages but does not have all my beautiful new work on the pages. Please help. Is there anyway to find my newest pages or at least from yesterday because some of it should have been saved. I didn't do it all today. I have been working on all week. Thanks so much if anyone can please help me. I have tried everything I can think of to find. I have Windows 7.
Brenda
Use DSA2, Windows 7, Inkscape, Corel Draw 11, SCAL
http://creativefunconnection.blogspot.com/
Old 6th April 2012, 07:36 PM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Help Lost Hard Work on Scrapbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncborn View Post
I have been working on a Scrapbook for my Granddaughter and it is about 20+ pages. I had just revised about 8 of those pages with a lot of work involved and DSA 2 stopped and said their was a problem and it would check to see if there was a fix. I waited and waited and nothing came up so I cancelled and it shut down. When I opened the program again it asked me if I wanted to try and open unsaved work and now it is back to all the pages but does not have all my beautiful new work on the pages. Please help. Is there anyway to find my newest pages or at least from yesterday because some of it should have been saved. I didn't do it all today. I have been working on all week. Thanks so much if anyone can please help me. I have tried everything I can think of to find. I have Windows 7.
Brenda
Hi

Look for the file you last saved in My documents. I make frequent SaveAs, using an incremental filename.

Good luck and hope this helps.
Old 6th April 2012, 11:20 PM   #3
ncborn

mjh, Thanks for the fast response but unfortunately I have already checked that and I checked again but no luck. Any other suggestions ??? Or anyone else have any suggestions. They looked so great and I don't even know if I can remember all of the things I had done to all those pages to make them look so good. I just don't understand because I have it on automatic save and sometimes it will tell me that the save didn't take but until that issue with this project it had not had any problems with it saving so it should have saved most of the changes I had done until the last one when it quit on me.
Brenda
Old 6th April 2012, 11:32 PM   #4
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncborn View Post
until that issue with this project it had not had any problems with it saving so it should have saved most of the changes I had done until the last one when it quit on me
Hi Brenda,

Unfortunately, saving a project doesn't just save the changes, it saves the whole thing. So if something goes wrong during the save and your last good copy is overwritten by a corrupted copy, you may find that you're no longer able to open the file in a usable state. This is why Marilyn ('mjh') mentioned using 'Save As' with an incremental filename, so that you have a recent version which you can go back to.

How large is the file? I suspect it's likely to be too big to attach to a forum post, but if you'd like me to take a look at it I can provide you with a link so that you can send it to me.

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 7th April 2012, 07:00 AM   #5
ncborn

Afred, Thanks for the response and information. It is good to know for future reference but unfortunately can't help in this case. I don't know how to send and I do think it is too large a file to send plus I don't think there would be anything you could do from the old file to get all the new creations but I really appreciate your willingness to try. I just thought maybe there's somewhere else it would be saving the file to that I could locate on my computer and if I had known I should also be doing the save as I guess there would have been. Thanks again for the info. I guess I will just have to try to redo all over again but I am running out of time as it is for her Birthday. Brenda
Old 8th April 2012, 09:44 PM   #6
siehorst

siehorst is well on the road to greatness

Hi,
maybe a help for the future:
http://forums.serif.com/showthread.php?t=108981
horst