Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Design and Publishing > Web Hosting

Notices

Web Hosting Questions about using or uploading to your hosting from WebPlus.net or other providers

Old 7th April 2012, 10:21 PM   #1
MP470

MP470 is on a distinguished road
Default Lost email after changing to WebPlus

I have an email account with Easily (my domain name company).

Its always worked fine even when I hosted my site outside Easily. I recently changed from 1 & 1 to WebPlus.net and changed my DNS settings accordingly on Easily - all fine.

I have since found out that my email account no longer works and Easily says I should ask WebPlus.net for assistance.

Am I missing something before I try support?
Old 7th April 2012, 10:25 PM   #2
mjh
The one and only mjh

mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)mjh has nothing more to prove (nirvana)
Default Re: Lost email after changing to WebPlus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP470 View Post

Its always worked fine even when I hosted my site outside Easily. I recently changed from 1 & 1 to WebPlus.net and changed my DNS settings accordingly on Easily - all fine.

I have since found out that my email account no longer works and Easily says I should ask WebPlus.net for assistance.

I'd contact Serif's Tech Support and remember that this is a holiday weekend.
Old 8th April 2012, 01:11 AM   #3
alspar

alspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP470 View Post

When you change your domain's nameservers to point to a new host your email hosting goes with it by default.
No problem with a host like Easily or 1&1 which have full email servers.

When you point nameservers to WebPlus.net you are actually pointing to a sub-domain (yourdomain.webplus.net). AFAIK your email will not go with it. I believe WebPlus.Net only provide email (other than a webplus.net one) with Gold and Platinum packages and only then when they register the domain (you cannot transfer a domain to them AFAIK).

However, please take mjh's advice and contact support.

Last edited by alspar; 8th April 2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 8th April 2012, 02:21 AM   #4
BrianE
Master

BrianE is a jewel in the roughBrianE is a jewel in the rough

You are not absolutely required to use WebPlus.net to host your website. Look at the server status page, uptime is only 98%. It might not be worth the trouble to switch over to WebPlus hosting. JMHO.