Go Back   Serif Software Forums > Older Software > FontManager

Notices

FontManager Typeface Organisation Software

Old 22nd March 2012, 11:37 AM   #1
LeePink88

LeePink88 is on a distinguished road
Default Font help - Looked everywhere for this!

Hi,
I am really stuck trying to find what font this is, i have looked everywhere for it but i think i am chasing a dead end, can anybody assist me, would be very greatful
regards
Lee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	31425  
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:35 PM   #2
alspar

alspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond reputealspar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Font help - Looked everywhere for this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeePink88 View Post
Hi,
I am really stuck trying to find what font this is, i have looked everywhere for it but i think i am chasing a dead end, can anybody assist me, would be very greatful
regards
Lee
The nearest I can get in the short time I tried was "Fling" -

Using: http://www.identifont.com/

But I don't think it is close enough.

In any case, the image (perhaps based on a font) has been embellished.

Perhaps someone else may be able to help.
Old 20th April 2012, 12:53 PM   #3
RosieJ

RosieJ is on a distinguished road

I've looked through my battery of fonts; nearest (maybe not close enough) I can get is Monterey BT which, with a bit of fiddling around, produces the attached image.

Alternatively, try Ancestory SF. Neither is good but perhaps usable if you can't find anything better.

Good luck! (Wish I could see how to attach a thumbnail!)
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Monterey BT.bmp (206.4 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by RosieJ; 20th April 2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Adding text
Old 20th April 2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieJ View Post
I've looked through my battery of fonts; nearest (maybe not close enough) I can get is Monterey BT which, with a bit of fiddling around, produces the attached image.

Alternatively, try Ancestory SF. Neither is good but perhaps usable if you can't find anything better.

That looks very good and the first looks very close
Old 20th April 2012, 01:37 PM   #5
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
(Wish I could see how to attach a thumbnail!)
Don't use BMP. Save the image as GIF, JPEG or PNG, all of which are "browser friendly".

Alfred
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)
Old 20th April 2012, 01:39 PM   #6
AlfredP
Guru

AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)AlfredP has nothing more to prove (nirvana)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
That looks very good and the first looks very close
Er ... I'm not quite sure how to break this to you, Meg, but the first one is the original image for the purposes of comparison!

Alfred
Old 20th April 2012, 01:48 PM   #7
RosieJ

RosieJ is on a distinguished road

Quite right, Alfred! It wasn't meant to trick anyone! And thanks for the tip about posting thumbnails.
Old 20th April 2012, 01:52 PM   #8
AlfredP
Guru

Quote:

Feel Script, Mahogany Script and Monterey BT are all very similar, but none of them has that distinctive 'D'.

Alfred
Old 21st April 2012, 08:34 PM   #9
Meg

Meg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredP View Post
Er ... I'm not quite sure how to break this to you, Meg, but the first one is the original image for the purposes of comparison!

Alfred
Oh dear. LOL
Old 24th April 2012, 07:48 PM   #10
elderflower

elderflower will become famous soon enough

I suppose it is a font and not hand written by a graphic artist? The es and ls look different in Deluxe and the words under.

Oh good grief - I've just noticed the date!